IdeaMonk

thoughts, ideas, code and other things...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HN On my Wall!




Finally Hacker News has found a way on my wall. I hope there is nothing to debate about how addicting it can be to some people. And, how it keeps you coming back again and again for yet another amazing news. I'm one of those semi-addicts too, and I realize this ain't helping me with my productivity. Given that we hardly find time after college to do some fun projects here, HN becomes a great time-consumer. It's not HN's fault... we love the news :)

So, to keep me away form drooling over great things out there and diverting myself into thinking about 10 things at a time, I put HN too over my wall where I put up plans and stats for Project SpaceLock these days.

Have you to come across such realizations of addiction to HN ? Let me know what you did to save yourself from getting diverted by the awesome information overflow at HN.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 9, 2009 at 10:09 PM , OpenID zubin71 said...

project spacelock`s presents security from a really innovative perspective. were you in any way inspired by the "sixth sense" video...?

i`m definitely a well-wisher on this one. good luck, dude.

 
At April 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM , Blogger IdeaMonk said...

Not by sixth sense video dude, it all happened when we were looking for doing something for the Student2Business contest and I met a Harsha (a team member) who talked about matlab image processing over a chat in break. So, we discussed what exactly we can do, and how would we make up a system which would help one and all... and the story goes one.
The finishing is still left, loads of UI improvement work is left. The delay is all because of the **** college keeping us busy with tests, presentations etc, otherwise we could have finished it way back. I remember we started 3 months back with the idea, first 2 months we couldn't do anything as we were busy with tests in college. It was a fortunate 5 day holiday which saved us!

Spacelock is my first group work where parts of project have been properly divided among 4 people. One guy 4 electronics, one for app programming, harsha for image processing, me for web designing n planning :)

Anyways, plant to finish it soon, and I hope the expo for the contest doesn't clash with End sem !

you too keep up the good work buddy :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home