IdeaMonk

thoughts, ideas, code and other things...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cracking the Code - An introduction to reverse engineering!

Today I was checking out old, very very old CDs thrown here and there under my desk. Got hold of a very old backup CD from 2005, that contained some of my works.
It was the year 2005, 4 years ago... and I was known as 'keek', reverse engineering was something really cool to me. Personally I was in love with Hiew (Hacker's View) for its ability to let one quickly modify asm code of a binary. It really seemed as if learning all this would get you a great job at Symantec or McAffee etc. And there _was_ a great desire of contributing back to the ever-growing collection of hacking tutorials and guides on the net. So, I did a tutorial too - "Cracking the Code - an Introduction to Reverse Engineering". Got it up on UnderNetwork too :) Check it out -

View Online | Download it (with tools and examples) | from archive.org (UnderNetwork mirror Oct 2005)

Why did I stop when I was already into such exciting things, well 'education' came in between, as usual, you know...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At April 28, 2009 at 5:36 PM , Blogger .. said...

ya i remember this one... :)

 
At June 15, 2009 at 3:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attempting to open the PPS in PowerPoint 2008 returns a message about being password-protected or DRM'd.

 
At June 15, 2009 at 3:05 PM , Blogger IdeaMonk said...

@anonymous: The presentation has been write protected with a password, try clicking the option for readonly when you open it in PowerPoint 08

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home