IdeaMonk

thoughts, ideas, code and other things...

Sunday, November 01, 2009

On Death - from 'Norwegian Wood'

Haruki Murakami has an excellent view on Death in his Novel 'Norwegian Wood', here it is -
This had seemed to me the simple, logical truth. Life is here, death is over there. I am here, not over there.
The night Kizuki died, however, I lost the ability to see death (and life) in such simple terms. Death was not the opposite of life. It was already here, within my being, it had always been here, and no struggle would permit me to forget that.
When it took the 17-year-old Kizuki that night in May, death took me as well.
Not that I can relate to the death scene in the novel, but there are 100 of other incidents in the novel that I can relate to, and observations that I did not have words to express. Interesting read indeed...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home