IdeaMonk

thoughts, ideas, code and other things...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Scoring High in Word Games on facebook!



Ever played TextTwirl or WordShuffle on facebook or elsewhere ?

Don't you ever! for they are very addictive as my uber player buddy from Wisconsin warns me. But what can I do, I have my own problems, I'm jobless, there's nothing to do, And I like winning the smart way.
So, what do I do! I think of C++ and a Dictionary... and poof! my weapon is ready in my mind! And soon I come up with my own little tool called WordWar.
Heres the code:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[]){
string word,check,cword;
int len,match,count,checksum=0,l;

if (argc>=3){
word = argv[1];
len = word.length();
for (int i=0;i<len;i++)
checksum+=word[i];

freopen (argv[2],"r+",stdin);
if (argc==4){
while (cin >> check){
check[0]=tolower(check[0]);
if (check.length()<=len &amp;&amp; check.length()>=3){
match = 1; count=0;
cword=word;
for (int i=0;i<check.length();i++){
if (cword.find(check[i]) == string::npos){
match=0;
break;
} else {
cword[cword.find(check[i])]='_';
}
}
if (match == 1)
cout << check << endl;
}
}
} else {
while (cin >> check){
if (check.length()==len){
match = 1; count=0;
for (int i=0;i<len;i++){
if (word.find(check[i]) == string::npos){
match=0;
break;
} else {
count+=check[i];
}
}
if (match == 1 &amp;&amp; count==checksum)
cout << check << endl;
}
}
}
} else {
cout << "WordWar v0.1\t\t\t(c) Abhishek Mishra\n"
<<" \t\t\t ideamonk@gmail.com\n\n"
<<"Usage : "<<argv[0]<<"> <dictionary_file>\n\n";
}
return 0;
}

For this you also need a dictionary. Download dictionary here. This is a very basic dictionary, I recommend you to get better one or try adding 's' etc to this ones results. Compile WordWar in DevCPP/MinGW32 on windows or GCC on linux. Have 1.txt (your dictionary) in the same path. and run it like this ->

enjoy scoring high!
With PHP I can also make a neat live web interface to cheat. :)
happy hacking.
http://ideamonk.googlepages.com/ddl.gif

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 20, 2008 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice proggy, apart from spoj try being active on topcoder too, in TC you've to keep a track of ongoing srms.
nice blog.

 
At June 20, 2008 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Abhishek Mishra said...

thanks buddy. Yep i'll catchup with TC asap.

 
At November 10, 2008 at 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! nice work. I had great fun setting high scores when I was bored.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home