IdeaMonk

thoughts, ideas, code and other things...

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Inspiration and the inspired

Dad just brought over this clipping from way back in 2001 to me today. OMAN this is so cool, they covered our GW-BASIC programs in news paper :)

I had written a wheel of fortune program with colors, wheel animation (the wheel never rotated, the colors did), funny sounds from the PC speakers, all in 320x200 screen 13 :). I remember Mohit's brother fortunately did win the complete game.

While my brother @ixpu , who is more into chasing electrons and writes more C# these days, had made a clone of Kaun Banega Crorepati, again in GW BASIC, I guess he was using screen 12 (640x400 I guess)

The only difference between today and those days - it was hell lot more exciting back then with all the time to create things like these.
While today it happens to be a mixture of passion and time-management between pointless acads and programming.

I wish I could see some of the source codes from those days, which eventually got destroyed in format wars between us.

Wooh 9 years, well that was the un-procedural language with line numbers and many GOTOs here and there.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home